Welcome Tim Burton Collective Refuges!

This is where topics no one cares about anymore go to die.

Welcome Tim Burton Collective Refuges!

Postby Arran » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:21 am

I thought I'd create this forum as a temporary measure while the Collective message board is down. Feel free to discuss anything and everything about Timmy here. And don't forget to check out some of the other forums while you're here.
Arran
Site Admin

Postby Oz Rembrandt » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:50 am

Huzzah! Peace and companionship once more!
Oz Rembrandt

Postby bohemian » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:46 pm

'Sup bitches, it's Genine. 8)

I'll take a gander around the forum.
bohemian

Postby Vonni » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:19 am

And once again...I Can breathe.
Vonni

Postby Oz Rembrandt » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:09 pm

What about DC weeeek?!
Oz Rembrandt

Postby Anton Phibes » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:24 am

So you guys want the TBC forum back already?

It's a bit tricky, I am not sure what we should do with it :? If we started completely fresh, with the whole forum reseted (and using the new phpBB 3.0, instead of the old 2.0.2), it might run smoother and use less bandwith so we could host it at our old host. If that were the case, we could have it back right away, at least tomorrow or something.

But if we wanted to keep all the old posts and stuff, we probably would need to move the forum to a completely new host. Which means work, time, and money, and the trouble of figuring out what would actually be a reliable host that could handle the bandwith used by the forum.
Anton Phibes

Postby Longines Symphonette » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 am

Like I said at InDeppth: new start with phpbb3.0.
My story's infinite
Longines Symphonette
Site Admin

Postby Arran » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:57 am

I vote for a fresh start, too. That should hopefully solve the bandwidth problem, at least for a while. We could import just the memberlist from the old board, but of course that would have all the spambots and inactive users taking up space.
Arran
Site Admin

Postby Speck » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:40 am

A fresh start might be nice, especially with the opportunities it affords i.e. getting rid of spambots, making topics that have proper explanatory names and the possibility of signing up with a new username.

I'm a bit excited today - going to see Sweeney Todd, and there are some nice Tim Burton-y things on the television this week. Just to warn people:
- Tim and Johnny are being interviewed on The Culture Show on BBC2 at 7.20pm tonight (Mark Kermode is interviewing them, so it might be better than the standard TV interview, especially if he coaxes them out of the usual interview hotel room location).
- There's a South Bank Show special all about Tim Burton on ITV1, Sunday night at 10.40pm (Not just about Sweeney Todd, but more a retrospective looking right back to when he was a young'un).
- Tim and Johnny are being interviewed on Film 2008 on BBC1, Tuesday night at 11.05pm (Jonathan Ross will get to be his usual inappropriate self by the looks of things).

EDIT: Ha ha, just noticed that John had already put the information on Indeppth. D'oh!
Speck

Postby Longines Symphonette » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:38 pm

Arran wrote:We could import just the memberlist from the old board, but of course that would have all the spambots and inactive users taking up space.

Noooooooooo, NO SPAMBOTS! I was looking forward to having a fresh start with no spambots cluttering up the memberlist. I say 100% FRESH START!
My story's infinite
Longines Symphonette
Site Admin

Postby L'EnfantTerrible » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:37 pm

I concur!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!
L'EnfantTerrible

Postby bohemian » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:30 am

^ I saw a Siouxsie and the Banshees album last night and thought of you.

But, anyways, I agree - as I've said on InDeppth - a fresh start is a new chance for everyone. And besides, there will be no RPGS and no spambots.
bohemian

Postby Vonni » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 am

And maybe I'll have half a mind to change my name to Vonni Vivace or something newer...

New start! New start! Come on, can't Christmas come a little late?
Vonni

Postby Sélavy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:30 pm

Yeah to a fresh start! :D

Right now I'm rewriting my history of the Collective if anyone is interested. And for those of you who'd like to know, it's the seventh new Collective forums by my count. :wink:

Then again, I might have mixed up the difference between a new forum and a whole new site, although come to think of it, a new site usually also came with a new forum. So the seventh could very well be right...

Sélavy

Postby Longines Symphonette » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:26 pm

But there won't be a new site with the new forums. Just new forums for the current site. So...um...I DON'T KNOW WHAT POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE! :lol:

The last forum lasted a good while. I mean...the last forum had topics on it from as early as 2005. That was almost 3 years!
My story's infinite
Longines Symphonette
Site Admin

Return to Time Capsule